I am a skilled facilitator and have experience of working with groups of different sizes and backgrounds.
As part of working for Ethical Consumer Research Association, I regularly facilitated meetings and brainstorming sessions. This led to me seeking more formal training in those techniques and I received facilitation training from Directory of Social Change, and from ICA-UK.
Further training in a variety of coaching skills and on participatory workshops has given me a range of skills useful when leading workshops, running training courses and facilitating groups.
Examples of training, facilitation and other work
- Confidence Building and job search skills for GAP Unit, designing and writing various elements of the curriculum and background materials as well as delivering the three month course
- Living Well with a long-term illness or disability. A School of Participation project for Community Pride.
- Media interview training
- Self-esteem and confidence building For example, I delivered a one-off workshop to asylum seeker and refugee women in London for the Red Cross
- Growing your confidence in public speaking
- General confidence building training
- Community Researcher Training - including elements on data analysis, presentation skills and on leading focus groups
- School of Participation working on an estate in North Manchester, building up listening skills, using team building exercises and visioning exercises to help the group find solutions to issues on their estate.
- Working closely with a small department of local government to mediate between staff, helping them work on solutions to their issues and to set goals and actions for the team
- Strategic visioning and team building days
- Group workshops and one-to-ones on confidence building, stress management and presentation skills.
In my role as Expedition Manager of Blue Ventures expeditions in Madagascar, I led and motivated groups of volunteers, and managed the paid staff, improving staff morale whilst in post.
Contact me for more information about what I can offer, and my day and hourly rates (I offer a sliding scale). I can tailor any training and facilitation to your team’s needs.